A consortium of 11 nonprofits and universities—mostly European—was selected by cOAlition S to conduct a major study on no-fee, “diamond” open access publishing models—i.e., the only OA model that’s actually open to most of the world’s scholars. It’s good to see the Latin American innovators of the model, Redalyc-AmeliCA, on board.
- ‘Rare no-confidence vote highlights division over cuts at Guilford College’
- ‘Small but sustainable? Scholar-led journals and open access’
- ‘Beware the Instant Global-Campus Movement’
- Coming Soon: Communications of the AMS, a New Diamond Journal
- ‘Without stronger academic governance, Covid-19 will concentrate the corporate control of academic publishing’