If current trends hold, the communication discipline will be fully OA in 2094. In 77 years. That’s the conclusion of a just-published study in SAGE Open, that also reported that just 3.3% of communication articles are OA. By that yardstick, the discipline is a laggard, ranking 116 out of 184 disciplinary categories (as tracked by Web of Science).
- ‘Small but sustainable? Scholar-led journals and open access’
- ‘Beware the Instant Global-Campus Movement’
- Coming Soon: Communications of the AMS, a New Diamond Journal
- ‘Without stronger academic governance, Covid-19 will concentrate the corporate control of academic publishing’
- ‘Reassembling Scholarly Communications’